Reporting to the General Secretary, Media and Communications Officer will be responsible for managing and
coordinating media and communication matters
1. Establishing and efficiently running a communications department;
2. Developing a communications policy for the member association to be approved by the executive committee;
3. Promoting and increasing the positive media exposure of the club. To be proactive in identifying and
releasing positive club news;
4. Organizing and advising the president and general secretary on media issues, including press conferences,
press releases and interviews;
5. Acting as a spokesperson for the club, when authorized by the secretary general ;
6. Maintaining relationships with the relevant football stakeholders, including TFF and other clubs;
7. Monitoring football coverage in the media and appraising and advising the president and general secretary
on issues that arise.
8. Building and maintaining relationships with members of the media – television, radio, press and
9. Developing various communications platforms that will act as communications tools for the member of the
club, fans, the media, sponsors and others of football activities in the country and at international level.
The platforms can include the website, monthly newsletter, yearbook, media releases;
10. Editing the content of the club's website;
Key qualifications and experience:
• A minimum of Diploma in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent
from a recognized institution
• Demonstrate capacity in communication and stakeholder’s management
• Proficient in computers and Micro office suite ,and
• A minimum of two years relevant working of experience in Media and Communication.
• Strong English and Kiswahili communication skills (Oral, written and presentational).
Knowledge of other International languages shall be an added advantage.
Simba Sports Club
needs a Media and
Are you up for the challenge?
All Applications to be addressed to:
The President, Simba Sports Club. Msimbazi/Mchikichi Street,
Dar es Salaam Tanzania. P.O. Box 15318 • Email
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com
DEADLINE 3rd August 2014